- Detail Images
A workhorse in alpine playgrounds.
Arc'teryx designed the Beta Men's Beta AR Jacket as a backcountry workhorse for alpinists who like to take a beating from the elements without sacrificing performance. This jacket features Gore-Tex Pro Shell three-layer construction, with the proprietary, tightly-woven N40p-X shell fabric that includes a DWR treatment to slough off rainfall while you romp up 14ers or get caught in a snowstorm at the top. The Beta AR is reinforced in hard-wear areas like the shoulders and arms with N80p-X nylon so it will handle pack straps and ice encounters season after season.
Fully taped low-bulk seams and WaterTight zippers will block out any moisture you encounter. When it starts puking, take shelter under the helmet-compatible DropHood with its draft-blocking separate collar, and stuff your hands in the two hand pockets, which are placed high so they play well with hip-belts and harnesses. Underarm zip vents let you cool off without sacrificing any protection from the weather. The storm will pass (it always does) and you will reign supreme on the mountain top.
- Gore-Tex Pro Shell membrane (3-layer)
- N80p-X and N40p-X shell fabric
- Fully taped seams with low-bulk microseam allowances
- WaterTight zippers
- Laminated underarm zip vents
- Helmet-compatible DropHood with separate high collar and laminated visor
- Die-cut hook-and-loop cuff tabs
- 2 high hand pockets and 1 internal laminated pocket
- Generous fit with no-lift gusseted underarms and articulated elbows