Gobs of grip for formidable approaches.
Designed for grueling approaches through mixed conditions, the Arc'teryx Men's Acrux SL GTX Approach Shoe conquers muddy paths, shallow streams, and rugged talus fields en route to your climbing destination. Relatively lightweight for such a robust shoe, the Acrux SL GTX maximizes speed when time is of the essence. The seamless one-piece uppers, TPU high-abrasion film, and sticky rubber toe prevent excess wear across stretches of formidable terrain.
Arc'teryx's Adaptive Fit zonal stretch liner conforms to key areas of the foot, customizing the fit for cloud-nine comfort and maximum support. Keeping you dry in the wettest environments, the Gore-Tex membrane keeps your feet from succumbing to creek crossings, wet ravines, and raging downpours. This waterproof membrane is fully breathable, so your feet don't drown in perspiration or heat during strenuous use.
The defining point of this approach shoe, the Vibram Arc'teryx Light Approach sole combines sticky climbing traction and smearing with a mountaineering heel tread for improved downhill braking. This approach-specific sole features Vibram's MegaGrip rubber compound for unbelievable grip when you're scaling slick boulders and walking across precarious ledges where falling isn't an option.
- Grippy approach shoe for rugged alpine terrain
- Gore-Tex membrane keeps out soaking-wet conditions
- PU-coated nylon upper for lightweight durability
- TPU high-abrasion film prevents tears and ripping
- Arc'teryx Adaptive Fit Lite liner for customized fit
- Vibram Arc'teryx Light Approach sole for sticky grip
- "Y" mountaineering heel allows for controlled braking
- Arc'teryx designs products with an emphasis on no-nonsense function
- Item #ARC00LE
- Q & A
Could be better
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 10.5
I've worn them every day since I purchased them and they still feel like they need broken in when I put them on in the morning. The shoes themselves are great, they handle water well, look great, and once I have had them on a while they feel great. I do like this she and I'll wear it until it falls apart but it has turned me off from getting shoes of this style again.