The horsepower you need without the fatigue.
Keep things fast, smooth, and light when you use the Aqua-Bound Manta Ray Posi-Lock 2-Piece Carbon Straight Shaft Paddle. Whether you prefer to blast through coastal waves or are gearing up for your next adventure race, the Manta Ray offers smooth, powerful performance.
- Carbon abX resin blades have been gas-assist injection-molded with plastic and reinforced with carbon fibers to provide extra strength and stiffness for aggressive paddlers with high-angle strokes
- Carbon shaft offers superior performance with low swing weight
- Dihedral design means the blade angles so that water flows easily off the blade during your forward strokes, which minimizes flutter
- Posi-Lok ferrule clicks into position firmly and securely, and features strong, corrosion-free composite construction and convenient dual-button release
- Two-piece design makes the Manta Ray travel-friendly
Share your thoughts
Excellent value for money
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought one of these paddles for myself and liked it so much I got one for my wife too.
The paddle is a good bit lighter than the usual aluminum offerings and well worth the investment. It does flex a little under hard paddling but I have 240cm and can put some force through it so wonder if it's just on the edge of the design envelope and thus shorter paddles and smaller paddlers might not notice.
The shaft has a mildly rough texture to it and can rub your skin a little. Not a big issue for me but others with softer hands might notice.
I like having the carbon impregnanted blades as I do a lot of river paddling and thus I am in shallow water and need a more durable blade over the composite.
The posilock ferrule system has held up well after a year or more paddling....I was a little concerned it might fail but like I say it has held up well and works just the same now as it did out the box.
Overall, I give the paddle 4 stars...not 5 because of the minor flex and mildly rough shaft texture...but these are issues others may not notice or care about and if that's the case rate it 5 stars.
Well worth the money.
Love this paddle! R. Weisser from S.D.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I am a heavier guy with a strong stroke and a wider 12.5 ft. touring Kayak.
This 250cm. paddle is the equalizer when I'm with longer faster boats.
In-depth review from YakAngler.com
Review from Jose "Pepi" Vidal
I recently received my first Manta Ray Carbon in 250cm. I paddle a Diablo Adios kayak. This kayak has a high seating position and is also 36 inches wide. For this reason I needed a long paddle, but I also wanted it to be lightweight. I'm glad I made the choice that I did. This paddle is super lightweight and paddles very smooth. I had another brands paddle before this one that was much heavier and didn't paddle quite as smooth. I couldn't be happier with the Manta Ray Carbon, and I'm sure you will love it too.
Posi-Lok Ferrule System
Here is a shorter version of the video on the Posi-Lok ferrule from Aqua-Bound, the latest, most cutting-edge new ferrule system to hit kayaking in years. Built 100 percent from market research and consumer-driven feedback, the Posi-Lok ferrule has a sleek design and intuitive functionality. For more information on this exciting new ferrule, please visit: