- Detail Images
Altra's answer to triathlon racing.
Altra made the Men's 3-Sum Running Shoe so you crush the running segment of your next triathlon without resorting to a thickly padded, traditional running shoe. The 3-Sum features Altra's unique foot-shaped design so your toes can relax and spread out, a zero-drop platform to put your foot in the most natural position, and an outsole that matches the natural flex of the joints in your foot. Altra's designers know that triathlon times aren't just about running speed, as a result this shoe features quick-draw laces and a easy-on pull tabs to speed up your transition. Cushioned for hard running, shaped for comfort, and created for racing, this shoe turns all-out efforts into podium finishes.
- PRS2-M last features gives this shoe a contoured, foot-shaped design that makes for the most natural fit and allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally
- Seamless synthetic upper feels smooth against your foot and doesn't require you to wear a sock inside
- 5mm Contour footbed provides support and minimal cushioning to keep your foot comfortable without adding unnecessary weight
- Soft, EVA midsole provides cushioning and reduces impact on your ankle and knees
- Asymmetric, quick-draw laces provide a fast and secure way to get these shoes on and off during transitions
- Midsole features an Altrabound top layer that feels springy so the midsole returns energy to help you glide through your stride
- Zero Drop Platform (0mm) features a 1:1 heel to forefoot height ratio, which means that your heel and forefoot sit exactly the same height from the ground
- Blown rubber outsole offers moderate flexibility to complement the natural-running style of this shoe and provides ample traction on the road
- SpeedPod lugs are mapped to support the bones of the foot for the most natural feeling throughout foot strike and toe off
- Heel and forefoot drain holes allow water to move quickly out of the shoe and away from your foot
- Together, the midsole and outsole make for a 18mm stacked height from the surface of the ground to the bottom of your foot
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
Can't comment on the performance of the 3-sum because my toes were smashed together while running. These shoes run at least 1/2 size smaller than you'll be used to, so find a way to try them out in a running store or you'll be doing the "UPS tango."