- Detail Images
Big and versatile for the most ambitious backpacking trips.
You'd be hard pressed to think of a pack feature you want that the Alps Mountaineering Red Tail Backpack doesn't provide. The adjustable shoulder harness with dual aluminum stays allows you to comfortably shoulder the pack when the huge 80-liter storage capacity is fully loaded, making the pack ideal for multi-day to multi-month backpacking adventures. After you set-up basecamp, you'll be glad to know that the front pocket and top lid convert to a day pack and fanny pack for summit bids and scenic day hikes.
- Dual aluminum stay suspension system provides support for hauling heavy multi-day loads
- Webbing Ladder adjustable harness allows you to adjust the torso length between 14 and 22 inches for a perfect fit
- SoftEdge shoulder straps and a triple-layer hip belt boost comfort on contact points
- Contoured lumbar pad with a ToughGrip center panel keeps the pack securely in place on your hips
- Top-loading design with a bottom access pocket allows for organized packing and easy unloading
- Huge 80-liter storage capacity makes the pack ideal for extended treks and backpacking trips
- Front pocket converts to a day pack and the top lid converts to a fanny pack for summit hikes
- Included rain cover keeps gear dry in unexpected storms
- Hydration pocket and port enable on-the-go thirst quenching (reservoir not included)
- Front kangaroo pocket provides quick access to essential gear
- Internal main pocket divider helps keep gear organized
- Side stretch pockets securely stow two water bottles
- Multiple compression straps help balance the load