Pack up and head out.
- Adjustable shoulder harness allows you to achieve optimal support and fit through the shoulders and upper torso
- Hydration pocket and port serve your hydration needs so you aren't constantly reaching back for water bottles
- Included rain cover protects your gear and valuables from unpredictable squalls
- Full suspension padding keeps your back comfortable and free of metal
- Top pocket converts to a fanny pack for quick side excursions
- Plentiful pockets accommodate last-minute additions
Share your thoughts
Great value & features, but iffy quality
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I just got this & made a weekend trip with it. I immediately noticed one of the bungees was missing but shrugged that off as something that could be replaced later. Most of the expected fiddling to get the shoulder harness & all the straps adjusted went well, but I'm nearly at the limit of how small the waist can be adjusted for my 30" size, so skinny people take note.
I like that the main compartment can be accessed from the top, front, or bottom, and the included sleeping bag compartment & rain cover are nice. I would prefer the zipper on the detachable top compartment to be on the other side, but that's pretty minor.
My biggest concern is the quality of this pack going forward. I was using the side with the missing bungee for my sleeping pad, and in the process of inserting it for the 3rd time ever the mesh side pocket started pulling away from the elastic retainer and one side of the bungee came out of the end cap. Backcountry has been good at responding to my concerns, and I'm currently reaching out to ALPS for their response to determine if I'll pursue a warranty replacement or if I'll just return it for credit toward a higher quality pack.
Does it have an exterior sleeping bag...
Does it have an exterior sleeping bag compartment?
I believe so. It looks as if the bottom of the bag unzips to fit a decent size sleeping bag.