Offering the compact footprint of a stool with the sturdy, wide-seat comfort of a chair, the ALPS Mountaineering Grand Rapids Chair gives you the best of both camp-furnishing worlds. And its strong, durable TechMesh fabric provides plenty of ventilation on those hot, humid days and dries quickly when caught in the rain or a water-gun fight. A powder-coated steel frame supports 300 pounds, great for lap-sitting or double helpings of dessert.
- Durable, lightweight brown TechMesh breathes for summertime comfort and dries quickly if it rains or you have beverage spillage
- Sturdy powder-coated steel frame has an ample 300-pound capacity ensures strong hold and support, even if you have that second serving of dutch-oven pie
- Extra-wide seat area gives stable comfort with stool-like compact efficiency; angled back gives you space to rest
- Comes with a convenient carry bag
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this chair to play guitar by the camp fire. It looked like a good pick since it didn't have any chair arms to get in the way. But alas, the seat hangs long and the legs hang high and you are left with an awkward pole sticking up between your thighs. I've had a few good laugh watching others discover the awkwardness of this chair for themselves, but needless to say I will be returned for something better.