Select your style & size:Select options
- Super-durable, hammered-finish Mag 70 high-strength bronze alloy, the type used in marine-grade construction, withstands whitewater abuse and resists corrosion
- Oar locks adjust to fit your oar and personal rowing style
- Extra-wide horns distribute the load and reduce stress on the oar and lock
- Oval opening has a smaller radius at the bottom than the top and adds 10 to 15 degrees of vertical range of motion for freedom of movement
- Sold individually
- Item #ARE0057
- Q & A
Cobras for the win!
These are great oarlocks! Their shape adds a way bigger range of motion than do standard oarlocks. The only downside to them is if you catch your downstream oar in the shallows, you oar can crab to almost straight up and down, which can get you in a world of trouble. :( But for the most part, they save you the other 99 out of a 100 times. :)
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
These are great oarlocks! I have a set on my AIRE Jaguarundi and have had no problems with them. I really like the extra vertical range they offer. I would also recommend purchasing a set of oarlock springs especially if you use NRS oar stands. The oarlock shaft is a little longer than the stands so the is a little movement vertically that can be very obnoxious when your rowing, but the springs fix that problem.
what size are these? are they the same as...
what size are these? are they the same as the sawyer cobras?
The overall length is 7.75 inches with a 3.75 inch shaft. The inside horn is 2 inches for 1.875" oar shafts. This is the same size as the Sawyer Cobra.