Select your style & size:Select options
You don't plan on being in a survival situation, but when you do end up lost with night fast approaching, you and your partner will be glad you packed the Adventure Medical SOL 2-Person Emergency Bivvy in your backpack. The vacuum-metalized polyethylene reflects up to 90% of body heat and the entire shelter weighs in at a paltry 4.9 ounces.
- Vacuum-metalized polyethylene won't tear like traditional mylar and is fully windproof and waterproof
- Metallic coating reflects 90% of body heat for warmth in emergency situations
- Shelter can easily be repaired with duct tape if torn or punctured
- Two-person shelter packs up small and weighs just 4.9 ounces
- Item #AMK3244
- Q & A
Beer can that could save your life
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
After being caught out in a winter storm one season I vowed to never go out into the backcountry again without an emergency bivvy. The SOL 2-person model is the size of a can of beer so there's really no excuse to not have it in your pack.
Having used this as a lightweight summertime camping blanket it does what it's designed to do by trapping heat. It does not deal with condensation well at all, but that's not what you have it for.
One last note, once you do open it, you'll never be able to get it back into the beer-can-sized packaging it comes in, no matter how hard you try!