A capable and weatherproof hiking shoe for weekly escapes into the unknown.
- Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membrane seals out rain and puddles while expelling interior moisture to keep your feet dry, cool, and blister-free
- Nubuck leather and synthetic upper withstand rocky trails, enable stable steps, and look great when you decide to stick around town and barbecue with friends
- An adiPRENE+ insert cushions and absorbs impacts while thin TPU foil in the midfoot provides stability in uneven terrain
- Rubber outsole with an active tread sticks to muddy trails, bedrock, and sandy trails
- EVA tongue and soft collar provide comfort during extra-strenuous hikes
Share your thoughts
Rugged and Protective
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I got a pair of these in the Base Brown/Black/Lab Lime color, and I like them a lot. A lot of hiking shoes can be a little ugly, but these are decent enough looking that I can wear them to work sometimes. I mostly use these for hiking or for doing regular, daily outdoor work (whether it's landscaping, tree trimming, walking the dog, or even field testing at work). The Gore-Tex and waterproof finish mean that I don't get my feet soaked like I do when I get near water in my Merrell Chameleon Stretches, but when it's dry outside I do have to admit that my feet do get a little toasty. When worn with wool socks, especially, you can develop a little bit of a sweaty-feet problem. Anyway, I've kicked around in dirt, rocks, and mud with these shoes, and they haven't really taken a scratch. I've walked through a lot of thick brush and limestone rock piles, and the leather and Gore-Tex sections of the shoe seem to have ignored anything sharp that I've stepped through. The Traxion soles are especially impressive, giving me solid grip on slick logs and slimy rocks in a way that I'm not really accustomed to. I can't wait to wear them when it gets a little colder out (I bought them in the Spring, but I'm excited to wear them this Winter) because I'm sure the foot-warming problems will all go away and I'll feel even better about them. If you're looking for a decent-looking, indestructible, grippy shoe (especially for cooler weather), then you can't go wrong with these.