- Detail Images
- Community Images
Don’t let a seemingly harmless trip end in tragedy when you can simply deploy an antenna and press a button.
- Full-function test mode lets you know the SARLink Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) is working properly
- GPS acquisition test mode allows you to test GPS functionality up to 12 times over the life of the battery life
- On-board GPS accurately notifies rescuers of your position within 100-meters
- 406 MHz signal relays information to the worldwide SAR satellite network
- 121.5 MHz signal relays your location to localized ground Search and Rescue operations
- Optional upgrade capability to include non-emergency messaging and real-time GPS location to online maps
- Bright LED strobe light is automatically activated when rescue signal sent
- Lanyard features a clip on the end loop to secure to the outside or inside of a pack or clothing
- Small, lightweight, and easy to carry in a pack or pocket
Share your thoughts
will this device work in the mountains...
will this device work in the mountains below the Turkey border in IRAQ. Kurdistan to be exact? if so which one do you recommend for this area
Why would you buy this one over the Q Link...
Why would you buy this one over the Q Link 406?
There are a few small differences, but the major reason would probably be that this one floats and the QLink 406 does not.
Peace of mind
Our group has carried one of these on a few trips, and in my mind, it adds a ton of peace of mind for us. We go up into some pretty remote high altitude mountain climates, and if something went wrong, we need a way to reach people in a place that is super remote. I will never go on a remote backcountry trek without a PLB again.
Our Latest Promotion - Limited Time Only
Check out our new Promotion:
Choose between $50 Rebate or Free Safety Gear.
Learn more at http://www.acrartex.com/landing/2013springpromo/
peace of mind
my favorite review [admitting I am quoting someone else] went something like this: 'heavy as a brick until you need it, light as a feather when that time comes'. happy to have this, did a lot of research, this one [when I was looking] was the best out there
You Use It...We Replace It
ACR has just annouced the creation of SurvivorClub.com, a complete program where they will replace any 406 MHz PLB (regardless of age) with a brand new beaon. Learn more at ww.survivorclub.com
Does this device require a yearly...
Does this device require a yearly service?
This personal locator beacon has no subscription fees.
Download the Rebate form at www.acrartex.com
ACR SARLink Personal Locator Beacon
Something I now always carry into the wilderness, doesn't take up much space or weight. I have never used it and hope to never have to. It also provides those at home relief, especially if hiking solo.