Select your style & size:Select options
Your life on the water shouldn’t end when things go wrong—be ready for a worst-case-scenario with the AquaLink View 406.
- Digital display window shows confirmation your beacon is working, exact GPS coordinates, remaining battery life, and visual prompts that ensure proper distress signal operation
- 406 MHz signal relays information to the worldwide SAR satellite network
- 121.5 MHz signal relays your location to localized Search and Rescue operations
- Optional upgrade capability to include non-emergency messaging and GPS location maps
- Bright LED strobe light is automatically activated when rescue signal sent
- Lanyard features a clip on the end loop to secure to life jacket, clothing, or any watercraft
- Small, lightweight, and easy to carry in a pack or pocket
- Item #ACR0022
- Q & A
You Use It...We Replace It
ACR has just annouced the creation of SurvivorClub.com, a complete program where they will replace any 406 MHz PLB (regardless of age) with a brand new beaon. Learn more at ww.survivorclub.com
Great If You Need It
This piece of equipment falls into a funny category. At 9.1 oz, it's heavy for gear that you may never use. If or when that time comes though, this little gadget is worth it's weight in gold. Picked this thing up when my employment for the NPS took me up to Alaska and have had it around ever since. Thankfully, I've never had to use it. The programmable messages are pretty neat as is the check in incase you decide to extend your adventure. The check in feature has also worked everywhere that I've cared to try it. I've tested other rescue devices for the Forest Service, and found that they rarely worked even on cloudless days on bald hill tops.
* Great piece of mind equipment. Whether for you or worried ones at home.
* Should bring the calvary in no matter where you find yourself. Extremely reliable.
* Very easy to use, especially if you're in a barely conscious state. Brings in help in three easy steps. Unclip the antenna, flip it up, and press the red button.
* Not a toy. Purchase this PLB only for emergencies.
* Heavy as a lead brick until you need it. Then it's light as a feather for what it is capable of.
I would recommend this to only the most adventurous or the most prepared. In a perfect world, this thing would never be needed, but if you need it, this PLB will be there for you.