Float the slide to stay alive.
Let's face it, backcountry skiing and riding is dangerous, largely because of the potential to trigger an avalanche. Improve your odds of surviving a slide with the ABS Avalanche Rescue Devices Vario 30 Backpack. The spacious 30-liter pack zips onto an included base unit that houses the canister and dual airbags. In the event of a slide, the dual airbags can be quickly deployed, providing flotation to keep you from being buried and increasing your visibility for an expedited rescue.
- Includes a 30-liter backpack that zips onto the included base unit, where the airbags and activation unit live
- Dual airbag system displaces a combined 170 liters of space to push you to the surface of a slide
- Easy-to-use pneumatic trigger quickly and reliably inflates bags
- Dual airbags are made from a polyurethane material for reliable inflation
- Height-adjustable sternum strap and leg strap ensure the pack stays on under stress
- Interlocking steel D-ring buckle at the waist provides durable impact resistance
- Included canister loaded with compressed nitrogen for performance at low temperatures
- Ski- and snowboard-carry straps hold your plank(s) on the hike up
- Dedicated compartment holds shovel and probe so you can help out the rest of your party
- Detachable helmet holder makes more space in the interior
- Hydration-compatible so you can stay on top of your game and not get dehydrated in the high country
- Editor’s Note: wearing this airbag system does NOT guarantee that you will survive an avalanche burial or a slide amidst avalanche debris; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there
- The Vario 30 can only be shipped via ground methods in the lower 48 states