The pack for big loads, big miles, and big terrain.
If your backpacking trips require you to measure the time in weeks and count the miles in the hundreds, it's probably time to invest in the Arc'teryx Altra 85 Backpack. The C² Suspension System reduces fatigue and load movement by keeping the pack close to your body, which allows you to move more efficiently and safely on technical terrain with a heavy load. The top lid can be extended to accommodate extra-large loads, and the burly silicone-coated nylon fabrics provide unmatched durability.
- C²Suspension System utilizes high-density foams laminated to a quick-dry back panel—this system keeps the pack close to your body for greater efficiency and reduced load movement
- Dual 6005 T-6 extruded aluminum stays provide structure and support for heavy expedition-style loads
- Gridlock shoulder straps and waist-belt adjust in height and width for a fully personalized fit
- Straps feature Hypercell foam and a Spacermesh lining for improved stability and ventilation
- Rotating Load Transfer Disc effectively transfers weight to the hips, allowing you to comfortably shoulder heavy loads
- Top access allows for organized packing while a large U-shaped zipper provides easy access to the main compartment
- Extendable top lid and extension collar create additional space for large loads
- Burly nylon ripstop fabrics have a silicone coating that's resistant to water, snow, and dirt
- Hydration sleeve can be accessed externally for easy refills (reservoir not included)
- Large front kangaroo pocket provides quick access to a rain jacket or puffy
- Wingman easy-access pockets allow you to grab gear with one hand while you're on the move
- Mesh waist-belt pockets keep trail essentials close at hand
- P'ax ice tool carry system keeps ice axes securely stowed