Keep it together.
Race-day jitters can be unnerving enough. You don't need to be worrying about whether your legs can hold up to the extra abuse that comes with competition. The 2XU Women's Compression Tights support your muscles and reduce vibrations so that you can push your limits without worrying about needing crutches to get to the post-race barbecue.
- Tights feature 70D Lycra fabric to provide stronger compressive power than the more common 30 or 40D fabrics found in many other compression garments
- A circular knit structure provides a 360-degree stretch that distributes compression evenly across the fabric's surface
- Flatlock seam stitching reduces chafing and allows the entire garment to lay flat against your skin
- Sleek, chamois-free design lets this garment layer well under your race uniform
- Anti-microbial treatment helps keep the fabric from accumulating odors
- Item #TXU0086
- Q & A
Impressive and Compressive
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I had heard about 2XU for awhile, and finally decided to take a chance on these. I hadn't seen them in a store, and was concerned about the construction of, okay, I'll say it. The crotch area. I have had certain brands of tights be virtually unwearable due to bad design with the seam placement. Can we say dromedary foot? I think you know what I really mean.
Anyway, these tights--NO PROBLEM! They have a little diamond shaped panel that is comfortable and functional.
Now the compression. Wow. Like a firm hug on my quads, especially outer, hips and butt. Firm but not restrictive. Very comfortable. My legs were very happy during my inaugural walk/run. Everything stayed in place. The waistband was not digging in, and I thought I looked pretty good, too.
I wore them in about 40 degrees and pretty windy conditions. I tend to prefer to be cool, and these weren't a concern about too hot or too cold. I was too busy reveling in the compression and comfort.
The con is that they have these stupid tags inside of the left hip/butt area that are long and a bit stiff. Once I get a chance, those things are getting removed. I'm concerned that the shorter they are, the stiffer and more apparent they might become. I'll report back after more wearings.
Overall very good. I recommend them, especially if you can get them on sale. Enjoy!